Information about Patient Advisory Board - Ketu South District
Objectives and Contact Information
Founded in Aflao in 2018, the Patient Advisory Board comprises of rehabilitated patients, who aim to create awareness about mental health in the general public. The patients want to share their experiences with others and offer support to those still in need. Their own lived experiences help them to give good advice to other patients as well as to their families and communities. They are also an excellent example that it is possible to overcome mental disorders, if you get the right treatment.
- Create Awareness: It is our aim to inform other people about the cause and nature of mental illnesses and the need to prevent and treat them.
- Reducing Stigmatization: We would like to sensitize people for mental illnesses using the “Mind Me” de-stegmatization concept by On The Move e.V..
- Empowerment: We also aim at empowering other patients to discover their opportunities, not letting their condition define them.
- Promote Mental Health: Our objective is also to promote better mental health, not only among affected people but the whole community.
- Prevention: We desire to provide preventive mental health services at all levels to all persons including students, groups, organizations, and communities.
- Reintegration: We would like to help patients to regain their self-esteem in order to find their place in society (self-help groups).
PATIENT ADVISORY BOARD BRIGHT TAVI(FOUNDER AND CHAIRPERSON) C/O KETU SOUTH MUNICIPAL HOSPITAL BOX AF 274 AFLAO – VOLTA REGION - GHANA EMAIL: PATIENT.ADVISORY.BOARD@GMAIL.COM TELEPHONE: +233 (0) 249646262 OR +233 (0) 554743856